l Lanie and Ari Kellman's Webspace: “Im a Big Kid Now”

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

“Im a Big Kid Now”

We are officially potty training Maayan and shes doing really well. On Sunday she wore pull-ups for the first time and was really excited about it. After I put it on her she came running out of the bathroom to show Ari.



On Sunday, Ari had to go to school for a while and I had to buy a winter coat for Maayan and myself so Rona and Ira came to watch her. She wasn’t interested in sleeping when they were here but when Ari got home at 4:00 she sat on his lap on the couch and fell asleep.


We left her on the couch to sleep until 5:45. When we woke her she was pretty out of it for a while but then got a burst of energy and was very busy taking my oven mits out of the drawer and using them for "cooking" in her kitchen. Notice how the oven mit reaches her shoulder!


Monday when she got up she immediately asked for a pull-up (she sleeps in diapers) and was very excited to bring pull-ups to school. When I picked her up they said she had the same one on until about 5:00 which we were all impressed with. Both yesterday and today she wore the same one from the morning until she got in her pajamas at night. YAY! When she goes at school she usually gets a sticker as a reward but the sticker thing wasn’t working at home so she now gets 2 chocolate chips which are very exciting to a 2 year old. After shes done she says “how about 2 treats now?” Isnt it cute that she thinks 2 chocolate chips count as 2 treats?!


Two non-potty training stories to report:

Yesterday when we were waiting for the elevator Maayan looked at me and said “Mommy, you look pretty”. How sweet is that? When I told her she looked pretty, she said “no, Mommy looks pretty”.


The whole getting dark early thing is really confusing her. On Monday night when we were walking from the car she asked me who turned off the lights? I figured that telling her it was Hashem wouldn’t do much for her so I tried to explain as best as I could that it would now be dark when we came home. I guess she hasn’t spent much time outside at night in the fall/winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home