l Lanie and Ari Kellman's Webspace: Shoes!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Shoes!

Sorry its been so long since the last post but we’ve been busy. Since our last update Maayan has gotten really good at walking- she is practically running these days.

On Sunday while Ari helped Ira build the succah Rona went with Maayan and me to buy Maayan’s first pair of shoes. It was actually a day of 2 firsts- we took the bus to the shoe store and it was Maayan’s first time on public transportation (and it had been a while for me- my metrocard was expired). She had fun on the bus and enjoyed waving to all the strangers. Ari always says it will be difficult when we have to tell Maayan not to talk to strangers.

The shoe store was really crazy- you have to put your name on a list in order to get helped! Maayan was really well behaved and enjoyed playing with the shoes on display. We didn’t have to wait too long to get helped and there weren’t very many choices for first shoes. There was really only one pair I thought was cute but the woman helping us thought they only had the display pair but after waiting for about 20 minutes she realized she was looking for the wrong size and Maayan wore her new shoes out of the store. It was really funny to watch her take the first few steps in the shoes- you could tell she wasn’t used to the extra weight. Unfortunately I didn’t have the camera with me since when we packed for Yom Kippur I didn’t really think about needed to bring a camera. I did take a few pictures on my phone which I still have to figure out how to upload- if I ever figure it out I will post them.

I know there is a lot more to write but I’m tired and still want to post some pictures. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home